Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Law of Attraction

Now here's a little maxim to which every being in the universe must be privy except me. Call it poor "raisins" or abysmal ignorance, but this is news to me. Simply put, the law of attraction says that you attract things into your life according to your thoughts. (More info here: http://www.thesecret.tv/). Now I don't presume to speak for others but if what comes to me comes solely based on what I'm thinking, heaven help us all.

There's all kinds of things that make this "law" seem squirrelly. For example, there are children all across this globe who are neglected and hurt. This cannot be based on some intent or idea. Also, for many of us, there is a mate or significant other linked to our destiny. To what measure do their thoughts and intentions impact all this? And if your thoughts are conflicted is your reality conflicted, too?

Funny thing is that just before I started reading all this drivel about attraction, I just finished John Miller's book, QBQ (the Question Behind the Question), a book about personal accountability. I don't believe in coincidences, so I suppose that in some way, I'm being compelled to assume responsibility for my thoughts, and thereby, my reality.

Now all that said, and believe me I know it's a mouthful, here I am. I've always thought that humans lacked power as well as substance, yet now I'm confronted with a human "law" that seems to be nothing less than psychic magic. It's turning my head inside out, but I'm a thrill seeker, so I'm riding the roller coaster. So far, using my mental prowess alone, I've created a more harmonious existence at work. I'm working on some adventure and funding for the near future. I'll let you know how that comes out.

So if we all buy into this, to borrow thoughts from author Steve Pavlina, "I too am just a manifestation of your consciousness. I play the role you expect me to play. If you expect me to be a helpful guide, I will be. If you expect me to be profound and insightful, I will be. If you expect me to be confused or deluded, I will be. But of course there’s no distinct ME that is separate from YOU. I’m just one of your many creations. I am what you intend me to be."

But deep down you already knew that, didn’t you?

2 Comments:

Blogger Azathoth100 said...

See now, this is one of those that doesn't seem to be true in my existance. While I have been accused of having so much imaginatin that it's falling out of my ears there are just too many people in my life who I could never have come up with by myself. If thoughts were able to shape or affect reality to any real degree I'd be married to my Demon and have won the powerball by now. I do believe however, that your attitude and how you look at things can affect the way they affect you. If you remain upbeat and positive then when bad things happen you are more likely to let them roll down your back instead of becoming upset or depressed. And if you do become upset then things that before might have just rolled down your back may in fact become major issues to you. This is why I try to remain an optomist despite life's best efforts to treat me otherwise.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Tiamat said...

So far, I'm delighted to crow the effectiveness of this magic. My situation at work has improved so much that it's nothing less than a miracle. Try my little experiment. Take four or five things you want for your life and write them down. Write them in a positive way, like this: My boss will be pleased with my work. Look at the page you wrote them on and focus on that outcome once a day. It may take a bit of time, but hey, it worked for me. My new list claims much gold -- for I *need* it! ;D

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home