Sunday, April 17, 2005

Yard Work

There's nothing in the world to convince you that you need exercise more than yard work. I got up this morning with great intentions...I was going to the farm to gather some fresh eggs, then coming home to plant some spring flowers. Ugh. So I'm covered in donkey manure, peat moss, and ant poison, puffing for air and sweating. I'm a visage only an ogre would love. Somewhere along the path of lugging 40 pound bags of dirt, I came to the realization that I need to step up my workout regimen. Still, I have two dozen eggs in assorted shades of green and brown, a happy kid who's equally dirty, and two beds full of sunflower and marigold seeds. With a little luck, some warm spring rains, and a smile or two from above, we should soon be awash in golden tints. Meanwhile I'm off to investigate the mysterious promises on my bathroom shelf, relishing a "good" tired -- the tired that comes from a hard job well done.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger V said...

I felt the same way after my yard work today. I hope my seeds sprout... haven't really seen any coming up yet.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Azathoth100 said...

I am helping my cuz's fiance fix up thier yard. After a long day of work and then a few hours of raking rocks I am so tired, yet I still can't sleep. Damn insomnia.
Enjoy the rest Tiamat. Dream of piles of gold and roasting knights.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Tiamat said...

Piles of gold...ahhhhh....

Isn't it funny how your priorities change when you're stuck in a short-lived, mortal form? I really think I am learning a lot with this lifetime. I wonder if I'll remember it in the next...

3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home