Thursday, January 25, 2007

"Thought for the Day"

A friend sent me this little thought for the day --

"Never make someone a priority in your life when they have only made you an option in theirs."

And well...duh.

Funny, when you are on the inside of this situation, it's so difficult to see it. So now I'm thinking -- is there some easy way to let go of people? I mean we all have these friends. "Sure, I'll go with you (unless I get a better offer)." "I'll be there (unless something more inviting comes up)." Why do we hang onto them? When do we let go? How?

It's my observation that relationships (companions as well as mates) are the single most traumatic part of being human. Despite the trauma, we are driven to quest for new friends, and for "Mr. or Ms. Right." This insanity is proof of the sadistic nature of the cosmos and the powers that designed it. Some worthy sage must have some answers on how to change the priorities of our hearts to match what our heads know is best.

2 Comments:

Blogger Azathoth100 said...

If you do find the way to let go of those people let me know. I'm known for holding on far beyond the laws of rationality. I have forgiven people some major bad that they have done to me, and I have continued to try and stay in contact with those who have long ago left me behind. Yet they have been a few who have eventually returned to this life of mine years after I thought them but a ghot in my heart, and it's due to this rare situation that I fool myself in trying to beleive it can happen again.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Tiamat said...

Well, Aza, I'm personally glad that you kept the light on for me. My heart never left you, just my ability to be here.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home